Bryophyllum pinnatum – Miracle Leaf – MEDICINAL PLANT – Free Delivery
Bryophyllum pinnatum, also known as the air plant, cathedral bells, life plant, miracle leaf, and Goethe plant is a succulent plant native to Madagascar, which is a popular houseplant and has become naturalized in tropical and subtropical areas
Vernacular names for Bryophyllum pinnatum include Cathedral Bells, Air Plant, Life Plant, Miracle Leaf, Goethe Plant and the Katakataka. The first two of these are also commonly names for plants of other species and genera. In West Bengal, state of India it is called Patharkuchi (পাথরকুচি) in Bengali It is also called “Leaf of Life” and “Wonder of the World” in the English speaking Caribbean. In maharashtra state of india it is called “Panfuti” (Whoes leaves grow out from leaf ). In Odisha state of India, it is commonly known as Amarapoi (ଅମରପୋଇ) (meaning: Deathless plant), Hemakaakara(ହେମକାକର).’
It is called as pathacharuti in Hindi.
Its scientific name is Kalanchoe pinnata, and it is also known as Bryophyllum pinnatum and Cotyledon pinnata.
These are its common names:
- Air Plant
- Cathedral Bells
- Miracle Leaf
- Life Plant
- Leaf of Life
- Love Bush
- Live Forever
- Goethe plant
- The juice made of Bryophylum is useful for cure of kidney stones
- The leaf of life plant has the following properties:
How to take this remedy:
- An herbal tea made from this herb is useful to treat conditions such as shortness of breath, kidney failure, menstrual problems, asthma, coughs, bronchitis, as well as chest cold.
- It is said that you can chew the leaves to extract the juices by adding salt.
- The crushed medicinal leaves of this herb will bring relief from insect bites, bruises, boils, and also skin ulcers.
- A poultice of the crushed leaves can also be applied to the outer body for sprains, pains, as well earaches.
- Placing the back of the leaves on open sores, cuts and wounds will promote healing, stops bleeding as well as prevents infection.
- In certain countries, especially Puerto Rico, the fresh juice of this medicinal herb may be squeezed into the ears in regards to infections and can also be squeezed into the eyes for all eye problems.
- The stem as well as the leaves can be placed in water and taken daily to rid the body of mucous and waste matter.
- The fresh leaves of leaf of life can also be eaten raw as a medicinal remedy for asthma, bronchitis and intestinal problems.
- The leaf of life is said to be good for high blood pressure as well
More evidence is needed to rate the effectiveness of Bryophylum for these uses. You must consult a doctor before taking this a medicine.
Note: Pictures are indicative.
Packet contains 1 live plant.
Picture shown is taken from our own plant. Any questions, feel free contact us: +91-9535771669
Note: Bangalore Agrico is supplying all kinds seeds and live plants including vegetables, fruits and other plants.